I am blessed beyond measure for God has given me great family and friends that should be counted as such.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Seasons
Lately I have been torn and feeling so down (I guess you can say). Eric works hard for our family and I know I complain that he doesn't help out with the kids when he's off work but I guess taking care of them is what I decided to have as my "job." Anyway, sometimes events or ideas come along that make us hope and dream of more money. He makes enough to support us and have some left over for us to have some to enjoy. I try to shop frugally and cut corners when and where I can but sometimes I am unable to save and unable to take short cuts. It is at those times where I feel bad for being a stay-at-home mom. I mean nothing can beat waking up to smiling kids and getting to hear them laugh and learn and not having to hear about their days from someone else. I know what is for lunch and I know when they nap and for how long. This I LOVE!!! Anyway, it's when I feel bad for Eric having to pull the financial weight that I get down and become torn. I definitely don't want two in daycare and don't foresee Brayden getting to go to K4 next year due to lack of space in public school and lack of funds for private. I don't foresee me getting back into the workforce for at least a couple more years. Even then I don't know that I'll want to go back to work. Anyway, to the reason for the title of the post...I was making the spill I just typed out last night at church when another lady informed me it's called seasons. We have different seasons in our lives and well right now my season is being a stay-at-home mom and a homemaker. I may not always want to stay in this season but I should enjoy it. My season will change later but for now I've learned not to rush it. When Eric and I want to buy something, we'll just need to save up for it. When we want to go somewhere, we'll just need to save up to go. I'm going to enjoy being a stay-at-home mom even if it's my season until after both the boys are in school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment