So this past week has been Impact at church. It's an event not only for the kids but also for the adults and it's a great outreach that our church puts on. While the children are in KidsTown the adults are in the sanctuary listening to a guest speaker. For the past two years it has been Joe McGee. If you've never heard this man talk, you should youtube him. He's funny yet serious and he repeats that you learn little by little so you learn from repetition so he does repeat things. He began his preaching on Sunday morning and I think beginning during our normal services allowed for others to feel the desire to come during the three night sessions. I wish I could have bought so much of his work yet we didn't have the money. Last year he spoke on parenting and this year he spoke on marriage. Two topics I can always use encouragement in. I didn't get the pleasure of listening to his teaching last night (Wednesday) because we were overflowing in KidsTown with only a handful of workers. I don't think anyone expected the turn out we received in KidsTown but boy oh boy was it wonderful! It is awesome to allow so many children to learn and be hungry for the word. We are believing next year will produce just as big a crowd and praying for bigger. The kids learned about how their bodies are for God. It's was cute, they learned with a Mr. Potato Head. Brayden loved it although he says it's a Tato Head. So cute!
Glad you enjoyed it. My prayer is that all families can take something from what they learned this week and apply it. I know I have learned so much and I only heard Sunday am.
ReplyDelete