Monday, March 5, 2012

Carrot and Sweet Potato Puree...Something I thought sounded odd

So Eric and I recently decided to try out a plan called emeals. (You can access this through http://www.emeals.com if it is something you're interested in) It is endorsed by Dave Ramsey and if it weren't for the throwing away of food more than we liked and the fact that things they counted as staples weren't something we would otherwise have in our pantry, we decided it wasn't for us. But since we paid for three months and realized it wasn't saving us money after less than one month, we cancelled our subscription. I fully suggest the website if you have heavy eaters, are feeding more than three individuals, and need a little help getting your menu for the week in place. They send you an email each week with the menu and the shopping list. But I digress....on to the recipe.

Carrot and Sweet Potato Puree
1 pound carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
8 oz block of cream cheese
1 tsp salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

Place carrots and sweet potatoes in big baking dish with 1 cup of the broth, the olive oil, the salt, and the brown sugar. Place in 375 degree oven for 45-55 minutes. This is the brown the carrots and potatoes. The liquid should be absorbed (I have to admit that after my baking time it was not but it didn't change the taste when I came down the end of it). I also must admit I put more brown sugar in mine as I like sweet sweet potatoes (the kind where you put loads of sugar on the potato after it's cooked *smiles*). After the vegetable mixture has been browned, puree with the creamed cheese and the 1/2 cup of broth.

Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment